Hire an expert for your garage door installation or repair. Call our Flourtown local number 215-475-5656 now to get
Domestic garage doors having a U-factor of less than or equal to 0.30 are entitled for this tax credit. Further requirements are:
1) The garage door must be installed on an insulated garage (conditioned space).
2) The garage door must be part of the customers principal residence.
3) The garage door perimeter must have a means to control air infiltration.
4) The garage door must be installed in the years 2006, 2007, 2009 or 2010.
5) The garage door must be expected to remain in service for at least five years.
Taxpayers receive a tax credit of 30 percent of the qualified energy-efficiency improvements installed during 2006, 2007, 2009 or 2010, up to $1,500. Cost of installation does not qualify.
A Manufacturer Certification offered by the garage door dealer or existing on the manufacturer’s website and the dealers breakdown of the door cost and the cost of labor should be obtained by the homeowner. Copies should be kept for homeowner records, but do not need to be submitted with tax return.
No, doors with any sort of window (glazing) does not qualify for the Energy Tax Credit.
Under the specifications of American Recovery and Reinvestment Act 2009, how one can gain more information on homeowner energy tax credits?